Someone should let my child know he turned four, not seventeen. If this is any indication of the attitude he will have as each birthday passes I am DOOMED. My boy is amazingly sweet, very adventurous, and loves to snack. He goes through small phases where he has to be the sassiest person alive, and since his birthday, has thrown three temper tantrums equivalent to an atomic bomb. I am not impressed. But then this magical thing happens. I meet or see other children who are either equal to one of those atomic bombs, or greater than. I’m reminded how amazing he is. He’s polite, normally he listens, and really he’s only four and I should give him a lot of credit. This year he wanted an Octonauts birthday. Unfortunately for him, all of those party supplies are really only readily available outside the U.S., so we moved onto his second favorite, Jake & The Neverland Pirates.
This was the first birthday he’s had in the United States. That’s a BIG deal for me. Life is much easier with the abundance of stores here in America that readily supply all things party time. Pinterest projects and recipes are now possible, so I went a little nuts.
See? I wasn’t lying. I had a lot of fun doing this birthday, and really besides food, all I had to do was a few decorations and the rest was hanging out with friends. Our kiddo had a blast, everything went off without a hitch, the food all got devoured and the leftover cupcakes were sent to the shop with my husband so the men could eat them and I wouldn’t. I have no self-control over chocolate cupcakes.
Here’s a little bit about Jax now that he is four:
Favorite Food: it’s a toss up between PB&J’s and String cheese,
Favorite Color: ALL OF THEM.
Favorite Hobby: Anything outside, but mainly playgrounds.
Favorite Toy: I trip over trains and hotwheels the most, so those.
Favorite Clothing Item: Lightning McQueen chonies.
Favorite Time of Day: Either walking to the mail box or when Daddy comes home.
Most Used Words: “But, why??” “Faster!” “Can I has ____, please?” We’re working on the last one.
Favorite TV show: Mickey Mouse is still a major player, but really anything on Disney Jr., or Discovery animal shows.
Favorite Animal: Dragons.
Favorite night time activity: Watching lightning storms.
– After our Ohio trip, he now assumes every time we leave the house we’re either going to the Zoo, or to see his bff Karleigh on base.
– He is pretty much potty trained at home now, with only a few accidents.
– Eventually he will snack us out of house and home.
– He still doesn’t care much to be on a bike, pedaling is apparently child labor.
– He reaaaallllyyy loves his grandparents. All of them. Talks about all of them constantly.
– He wants to see every little creature we find, but if he sees it first, he FREAKS OUT. Flies are the worst.
– He get’s really bummed when he goes outside and the moon and stars are gone.
– Out of all of the books he has, he makes Daddy read “Rocket Town” and Mommy reads “Good Night, Little Grover.” Every. Night.
I am so ready for the next year of adventures.